Nephila was founded in 1998 by Frank Majors and Greg Hagood. We were the first to focus on the convergence of catastrophe reinsurance and weather risk transfer markets with capital markets.
Today, our robust platform includes:
- The largest catastrophe insurance-linked securities manager in the world
- The first provider of alternative capital to the reinsurance market
- The first climate risk strategy
- The first Lloyd’s syndicate to be wholly backed by ILS capital
- The only direct insurance origination entity Velocity Risk Underwriters
- The unique multi-class, international MGA platform Volante Global